Friendship. What a beautiful thing it can be. the meaning of friendship is a state of mutual trust between people. I have that. I have that in my life and I am so thankful.
I don’t consider myself an interesting person to be with in any way. I feel as though I do and say things that most people don’t find very fun or interesting, but when I do find those people who don’t mind, its so wonderful. They support me in my endeavors, they encourage me and they laugh with me and they go along with ridiculous ideas because they care. best of all they stick around when things get and we figure out how to grow form the hard things. I can say that I have two handfuls of AMAZING people in my life who I am happy to consider as close friends. Hopefully that number just keeps getting bigger and bigger.
The thing about me is that I haven’t always been good at making friends. I don’t even know if I am really good now but hey, at least I am making a big effort. The way I am making that effort is by going out of my shell and saying hi to people first. Not waiting for them to come up to me and ask how I’m doing, I am validating other peoples feelings more rather then wanting them to only listen to me and I am making en effort to be there for them when they need it. All of that sounds like a lot of work to me sometimes but then again, good things take work. I am thankful for those I have come to know in my life thus far, you help give me perspectives life life!
I have so many memories of things I have done with my friends. the list is super long so i wont bore you to death but I want to name a few.
- I have laughed so hard that I have peed my pants
- cried tears of joy and pain
- I have stayed up till 3 am talking about the unknowns of the future
- I have learned to keep surprises/mastered the art of finding out if someone is keeping a surprise from me
- gone on family vacations with them and vise versa.
- played detective and learned about a persons life without them knowing (maybe a little too much looking back)
- pretended to be interested in buying a house just to learn where a crush lived.
- sang at the top of our lungs in the car
- gotten pulled over with (for speeding only)
I might feel slightly embarrassed at some of the things I did when I was a teenager but those experiences are part of what’s helped me to be where I am, and who I am today . I would not change that about me one bit. The best thing about this is moving across the US. and not having any of your friends close by but knowing that as long as you are doing everything you can to be a friend to someone, they will want to do the same. I have gained so many friends out here. most of the time its scary for me but so much fun and worth it all!